Qualifying for a medical marijuana card is easy with our help.
Age and Residency
You must primarily live in Missouri, and provide proof of residence with a state ID, utility bill or DMV registration. If the patient is a nonemancipated youth under the age of eighteen (18), the parent or legal guardian must provide written consent at time of visit.
Nearly any condition already diagnosed by a doctor may qualify. The most common qualifying condition our medical marijuana doctors see is chronic pain. The Missouri Department of Health also recognizes the following qualifying conditions:
4. Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment;
5. A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome;
6. Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist;
7. Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome;
8. A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication;
9. Any terminal illness; or
10. In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia and wasting syndrome.
Gather your current and past medical documents. These may include at least one of the following:
Records or notes from a doctor’s visit
Discharge summaries from a hospital visit
Referrals or notes from a chiropractor or other medical professional
Current prescription medication, or your prescription history printed from your local pharmacy
Proof of prior medical marijuana status in another state
At Missouri Cannabis Clinic, our health team will review your medical records, perform a medical marijuana evaluation, and approve qualifying patients for their medical marijuana cards! For a small fee, we will assemble and send in your application to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS). You may also submit your application on your own using the online portal. After your application has been received by DHSS, you will receive your patient identification card within 30 days. Your identification card gives you the legal right to use and consume cannabis on private property, possess up to four ounces on your person (dried or equivalent), and gives you access to any Missouri state-licensed dispensary. You may also apply for a cultivation card in order to grow your own medical marijuana.